Headquartered in Saint-Prex, Switzerland, Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. The company identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. To learn more about Ferring or its products please visit www.ferring.com.
In our Headquarter in St-Prex/Lausanne (Switzerland), we are looking for a:
Standard times & end-to-end capacity calculation Intern
The purpose of this internship is to on one-hand, define, develop, test and adjust a methodology that will be used by the TechOps organization for defining standard times & end-to-end capacity calculation, and the other hand closely follow-up and support implementation of these standards at sites level. This internship will be key for both providing a strong basis of data the network of 12 manufacturing sites and therefore ensure decision making is based on stronger and more reliable data. This will be done in close alignments with key stakeholders from surrounding departments (Supply Network Operations, Manufacturing Technology & Science, Strategy, Finance, EHS).
Some preparation work has already been done prior to this internship: definition of methodology for calculating capacity (only for production lines so not end-to-end).
This internship will be carried out in several phases:
For the standard times part:
- Understand what is existing in terms of standards and on-going projects
- Identify the various activity types that will need standardization
- In-close collaboration with the site and central controllers, OpEx teams:
o Define a standard methodology for defining standard times for each activity type
o Test this methodology on a site
o Validate the methodology based on the data and feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Develop/configure a digital tool for storing these data
- Store all data & methodology documentation
For the capacity calculation part:
- Understand what is existing in terms of standards for capacity calculation
- Create a status of the sites that are or not using this standard methodology
- Understand what has been holding the sites from using it
- Provide support for using the standard methodology
- Perform strategically selected audits on these calculations
- Liaise with Supply colleagues to ensure these new calculation are the ones being used for in the supply review meetings
A set of both soft & technical skills will be required for this internship.
An extensive knowledge of supply chain principles and capacity calculations
A good understanding of the best practices to use when defining standard times (how to breakdown activities, how to measure them, how to model the activities)
Some understanding of how industrial operations work
A good understanding of Excel including VBA
Ability to quickly learn new things
Ability to communicate & convince stakeholders
Ability to communicate in a structured and impactful way
Dealing with ambiguity
High level of autonomy is also required
What we can offer you:
- Work with experienced professional from the pharma industry operations
- Exposure to key strategic topics such as performance management
- Exposure to Manufacturing site heads
- A great first (or second) experience in the pharma industry!
If you think this internship could fit with your professional project, do not hesitate to apply online !