Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, paints, electronics, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM?s 24,500 employees deliver an annual net sale of about ? 10 billion.
DSM Pentapharm, part of the nutrition cluster of the DSM group has a long-standing tradition as an innovative and reliable supplier of active ingredients for the personal care, pharmaceutical and haemostasis diagnostics industries.
As SHE Manager of our site in Aesch you will drive the site?s long-term continuous improvement in SHE & Sustainability in a pro-active manner. You will lead SHE initiatives as well as monitor performance and progress with regard to SHE compliance and continuous improvement by advising and influencing internal stakeholders on DSM policies & requirements and national regulations. Furthermore, you will provide inspirational leadership and proactively engage with people on relevant SHE topics and related behaviours. You will report to the General Manager of DSM Pentapharm.
SHE Manager (Safety,Health&Environment) (F/M)
- Advising and preparing proposals/objectives on the implementation of relevant SHE requirements for approval by site management
- Leading SHE audits within the organisation and supporting adequate follow up. Investigating SHE incidents and advice on actions to prevent recurrence
- Managing implementation projects related to SHE compliance and improvement
- Coordination of emergency response/security operations and the preparation of contingency plans for accidents and incidents. Advise on SHE training programs and initiatives
- Staying abreast of developments with regard to laws and regulations, and facilitating the exchange of experience and best practices
- Qualification in Natural Science or Engineering preferable Chemistry related
- A specific education or experience as safety engineer or similar is a clear advantage
- Significant people management experience gained in an operational environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of leadership and driving project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Essential behaviors are high levels of self-motivation, strong influencing skills, risk awareness and attention to detail
- Fluent (w/s) in German and English language
Do you have interest in this challenge? To apply for this vacancy, please apply on https://www.manpower.ch and complete application documents (cv, job references and proof of qualification) with your notice period and salary expectations. Please note that only online applications will be processed. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required. Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.