Philip Morris needs you!
Scientist in Metabolomics
As scientist, you will optimize the sample preparation steps (manual and/or using robotic system) prior to gas and/or liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometric detection for Untargeted and/or Targeted Metabolomics analyses. These methods will be required from different biological or plant sample origins. You will also lead multi-disciplinary/cross-functional problem-solving teams with company-wide scope in a biomedical research QMS laboratory environment in order to generate and provide high quality Metabolomics data from samples from non-clinical and clinical studies in the context of the development of Reduce Risk Products (RRPs). You autonomously conceive scientific work to support business strategies and needs, develop and implement work that involves the implementation of new or improved technology.
- Lead the development and implementation of new technologies, methods and procedures in the evolving field of metabolomics. - Provide expertise in chromatographic separation, perform routine maintenance and instrumental troubleshooting. - Responsible for sample preparation, data acquisition & processing to assure that the final results meet the high quality standards. - Maintain the lab activities according to ISO 17025 and GcLP quality and environmental health safety standards. - Write work instructions, standard operating procedures, and research protocols as well as peer-reviewed publications - Develop custom Metabolomics library for compound identification and targeted quantitative analyses.
- Provide coaching, supervision of internship students related to various projects in-line with the needs of Biomedical Research department.
- PhD in analytical chemistry preferred. Masters level are welcome to apply.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working in analytical chemistry dealing with handling biological samples preparation (dilution and/or enrichment) prior to analysis using Gas and/or Liquid chromatography system coupled to mass spectrometric detection
- Experienced in Targeted quantitative and/or Untargeted analyses with metabolite annotation
- Chemical derivatization experience with high-resolution mass spectrometry would be a plus
- Proven hands-on experience in interdisciplinary research projects involving chemoinformatics is a big plus
- English is a must
- High level of agility
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial team player
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
Are you the perfect fit for this position? Apply via our Manpower website as soon as possible!