ManpowerGroup is a world leader in innovative workforce solutions. Every day, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries helping to power the success of clients around the world.
For our client, international company based in Lugano, we are recruiting following profile:
General Ledger Manager
* Responsible of the general accounting close cycle of the companies, on a Swiss and international basis;
* Responsible for the coordination of the General Ledger Team;
* Responsible for Swiss Group VAT declaration;
* Responsible for Fiscal Rep. VAT declaration across Europe, incl. Intrastat and ECSales;
* Reporting to the responsible of Administration and Controlling.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Plan, direct, and coordinate all general ledger accounting activities;
* Supervise and coordinate the Accounting team (6 FTEs), provide guidance as a subject matter expert;
* Carry out month-end close duties, such as analysing financial transactions in general ledgers, submitting manual journal entries and preparing account reconciliations (account receivable and account payable, inventory);
* Prepare and post monthly journal entries (deferred income/costs, carry forwards, accruals ?);
* Insure proper accounting treatment and journal entries accuracy related to derivatives (settlement, market value).
* Perform balance sheets and P&L accounts control and analysis, including BS monthly reconciliation;
* Maintain/supervise monthly bank account reconciliations;
* Prepare/supervise the Swiss Group VAT declaration;
* Perform/coordinate the VAT declarations, Intrastat and ECSales of the Swiss company in the
countries where it has a VAT position
* Perform the payments of the main company and of 7 smaller LEs, comply with anti-fraud and internal procedure;
* Coordinate with the external tax consultants for VAT matters;
* Work together with the Account Payable/Account Receivable Manager for the account treatment of particular cases;
* Prepare documentation and coordinate external audit for General Ledger matters;
* Prepare various account analyses upon request of the controlling manager;
* Drive efficiencies in the financial close and seek out process improvements;
* Help improve general accounting business processes and automate reporting through partnering with IT to help the business scale for future growth.
* Accounting qualifications/studies are required;
* Deep knowledge of financial statements;
* 5 or more years of relevant business experience in accounting, including two years at
manager level required if bachelor degree, or 7 or more years if high school degree;
* Knowledge of Swiss VAT and statutory regulations for VAT calculation and VAT
* Knowledge of Intrastat, EC Sales and Fiscal Rep. VAT declaration;
* Knowledge of Swiss statutory regulation enabling the proper accounting for the preparation of the financial statements;
* Excellent knowledge and application of Excel;
* Ability to speak, read and write in English;
* Ability to determine alternative solutions to problems, evaluate courses of action and reach sound, non-judgmental management decisions;
* Oracle ERP knowledge is welcome;
* Knowledge of IFRS and internal control best practices is a plus.
* Excellent modern leadership style (coaching and democratic) and people management skills;
* Excellent communications and relationship skills;
* Excellent teamworking;
* Conflict resolution.
PLEASE REGISTER YOURSELF AND UPLOAD YOUR CV AT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.MANPOWER.CH, IN ORDER TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.