Do you want to join Philip Morris? We're looking for a :
Testing Method Development Scientist
Develop and recommend testing solutions/methods, designs and/or design improvements. Coordinate activities/tasks of technicians or less experienced professionals and contractors.
Contribute to the development of project scopes, schedule & estimates and follow planning related to his/her projects plans, including deadlines and resource requirements. Inform about any deviation from initial planning and update it accordingly in agreement with main stakeholders.
Develop and validate methods according to internal guidelines. Ensure that staff executes testing protocols as defined in the related validation protocols and report the results in appropriate validation/development reports.
Lead development and validation of methods according in collaboration with external labs. Ensure review of testing protocols as defined in the related validation protocols and report the results in appropriate validation/development reports.
Adhere and follow to all EHS rules, policies and procedures. Inform about any deviation and implement corrective actions as per internal guidelines
Perform his/her duties in accordance to RRP QMS, ISO 17025 regulations and the respective PMI procedures. She/He is responsible to open changes, report and follow-up non conformities and conduct Corrective action and Preventive Action (CAPA) according to internal quality systems. Report any potential deviation and take corrective measures including appropriate reporting of such actions as per internal guidelines
- Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience (PhD or Master level is preferred).
- At least 5 years of laboratory experience in the tobacco or other industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in the area of physical methods development with good level of know-how in various techniques
- At least 2 years of experience in laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025)
- Proficiency in VGstudio max, Avizo or other CT 3D image analysis software
- Knowledge of X-ray CT scanner technology is plus
- Good command of statistical calculations/reporting
- Experience in method development/validation
- Metrology knowledge is plus
- Knowledge of relevant standards (ISO 17025 preferred)
- Experience in quality systems and database management (LIMS)
- Deep knowledge of techniques to evaluate the physical properties of materials (strength, electrical, magnetic, imaging, others)
- Project Management & Others
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Project management skills (Agile Scrum methodology is plus)
- Communication and people leading capabilities
- Plans & schedules critical activities with other groups
- Customer oriented mindset
- Prepare memos and scientific reports, informal presentations within the assigned area
Don't hesitate to apply.