Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about ?10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees.
The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Pentapharm, part of the nutrition cluster of the DSM group, has a long-standing tradition as an innovative and reliable supplier of active ingredients for the personal care, pharmaceutical and haemostasis diagnostics industries.
For our site in Aesch (Basel, Switzerland) we are looking for reinforcement for our R&D team.
As an experienced Senior Laboratory Technician with in-depth knowledge of protein biochemistry you will support the development and optimization of methods and processes used in the production and characterization of APIs and other reagents based on proteins and peptides from animal sources.
Senior Lab Technician R&D (f/m)
- Employ and apply specialist knowledge in a defined area of expertise in order to meet business project objectives
- Participate in several R&D projects requiring of technological assistance under the functional guidance of Senior Scientists, Scientists or Technical Team Leaders
- Analyse specific problems of a project and resolve them by proposing solutions
- Comply with SHEQ requirements and instructions and other standards relevant for the work (e.g. GLP and GMP)
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Generate working procedures (SOPs)
- Pre-validation of new methods
- Perform quality control checks on equipment
and instruments and identify mechanical problems and either perform the necessary adjustments or conduct maintenance
- Check equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis, requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times
- Several years experience as lab technician in Biotechnology, Biology, Life Sciences or related discipline or Bachelor`s degree in science
- Hands-on experience in protein purification and analytics (HPLC, preparative LC, assay development)
- Competent in theory related to the experimental work
- Competent in standard as well as most state of the art scientific techniques
- Fundamental experience in protein chemistry
- Familiarity with QSHE Systems and other relevant standards as required e.g. GLP/GMP
- Good communication skills
- Good working knowledge of most common IT programs
- Fluent in English and German (written and oral)
Do you have interest in this challenge? To apply for this vacancy, please apply on https://www.manpower.ch and complete application documents (cv, job references and proof of qualification) with your notice period and salary expectations. Please note that only online applications will be processed. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required. Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.