DSM - Bright Science. Brighter Living
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about Euro 10 billion with approximately 25.000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
DSM Pentapharm, part of the nutrition cluster of the DSM group has a long-standing tradition as an innovative and reliable supplier of active ingredients for the personal care, pharmaceutical and haemostasis diagnostics industries. For our location in Aesch we are looking for a
R&D Diagnostic Scientist
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist to join our R&D team in Diagnostics Haemostasis. This position will report directly to the Head of R&D and will be located in our site in Aesch/BL. The Scientist will be responsible for defining user requirements and providing product definition input for new Diagnostics products throughout the development process, lead design control activities, work directly with customers and partners to validate that the product meets user needs.
- Core member of the new product development from Discovery phase to technology transfer to manufacturing
- Conduct validating studies leading to regulatory submission
- Document design control and other GLP activities following company QMS
- Support customers and partners during the implementation phase
- Contribute to lab procedures, reports and SOP's
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including KOLs within Diagnostics Haemostasis
- Master degree or above in a biological or biochemistry field, with at least 5 years experience in product development
- Knowledgeable in blood coagulation and automated coagulation analyzers
- Familiar with Medical Devices guidelines and Design Control
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English) Proficiency in German is a plus
- Able to influence and establish successful working relationships with both customers and internal cross-functional teams
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the button "apply" and upload your complete application documents (CV, job references and proof of qualification) with your notice period and salary expectations. Please note that only online applications will be processed. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required. Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.