Do you want to joint Philip Morris? We're looking for a :
Method Development Scientist - Chemistry
Your "day to day"
In this role, you will use scientific/engineering knowledge to develop methods using appropriate analytical technologies such as Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (GC, GC-MS, LC/MS-MS, IC, and ICP-MS) and new advanced analytical technologies. You will conduct research, development, and project activities of moderate scope and medium to high complexity which may be a portion of a broader project. This also includes the development, validation, and implementation of new analytical methods in order to support the Reduce Risk Products (RRPs). You will be asked to apply problem-solving techniques to facilitate improvements of methods, processes, products, systems, facilities, and/or equipment. You will also participate in the development of project schedules, estimates test plans, and makes recommendations for technical alternatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and recommend analytical technical alternatives, designs and/or design improvements. Coordinate activities/tasks of technicians or less experienced professionals and contractors
- Contribute to the development of project scopes, schedule & estimates and follow planning related to the project's plans, including deadlines and resource requirements. Inform about any deviation from initial planning and update it accordingly in agreement with main stakeholders (e.g analytical laboratories)
- Develop and validate methods according to internal guidelines. Ensure that staff executes testing protocols as defined in the related validation protocols and report the results in appropriate validation/development reports.
- Advise as a technical subject expert and provide scientific expertise and guidance to Testing Laboratories in the context of technical issues and/or revision of existing methods.
- Perform his/her duties in accordance with the respective PMI procedures, standards (ISO17025), and relevant regulations when applicable.
- University degree in chemistry (PhD, HES, EPF level or equivalent)
- Solid experience of laboratory in the aerosol or tobacco or other industry
- Proven successful experience in the area of analytical chemistry with good level of know-how in analytical techniques
- Previous exposure in laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025)
- Experience in quality systems and database management (LIMS)
- Good knowledge of analytical techniques such as GC-MS,, GC-MS-MS, ICP-MS and LC-MS
- Strong problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Fluent English is a must, French is a plus
Don't hesitate to apply.