Seize the freedom to define your future by joining Philip Morris. We are currently looking for a
Analytical laboratory scientist
As an Analytical lab Scientist, you will be responsible for developing new analytic methods with LC-MS (Liquid Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometry) to analyze different analytes, such as Carbonyls, and support the implementation of the LIMS project in the lab.
You will lead all development activities related to new method development.
Additionally, you will be required to independently prepare calibration/standard samples and inject testing samples for analysis using LC-MS.
You will also conduct data analysis on the analyzed samples and prepare stock solutions to generate the analytical calibration curve. The successful candidate should have prior experience working in a GLP or IS17025 environment.
The job also involves applying problem-solving techniques to perform intricate maintenance in their area of activities using suitable equipment.
Accountabilities: - Perform autonomously testing sample analysis with LC-MS and generate accurate data of the required quality level to support all kinds of laboratory analyses, special projects, and/or proficiency test studies.
- Proactively interact with all stakeholders to provide updates and technical expertise when required.
- Participate in methodologies development and validation activities. Contribute, as a specialist, to the generation of the required documentation (SOPs and WKIs). Perform required laboratory tasks to implement qualification and validation protocols.
- Collect, generate, and review data. Apply knowledge management via data compilation, review and storage in line with company, FDA, or equivalent accreditation authority requirements.
- Operate and maintain all instrumentation and equipment as per established procedures. Actively initiate investigations, problem-solving, and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Perform duties in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) principles when applicable, ISO 17025 and the respective PMI procedures. Adhere to all EHS rules, policies, and procedures
A degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related field at a Bachelor's or Master's level.
- 7-10 years of experience in the required field.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of analytical chemistry, as well as with the development and validation of LC-MS or GC-MS analytical methodologies.
- Relevant experience working under ISO or GLP environment would be a strong advantage.
- Good MS Office skills and experience with LIMS.
- Proficient knowledge and expertise in analytical sample analysis, preferably in a certified environment such as ISO17025.
- Sound analytical and systematic organizational skills, effectiveness in leading multiple activities and delivering within timelines.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day determined and eager to progress. Send us your application and become part of PMI!